Tuesday, April 14, 2009

These boots were made for walking.....FORWARD!


Everyday I look at the collection of boots in the store and wonder where they came from and who wore them. I bought these black and white boots in Fort Lauderdale in 1990. I wore them almost everyday for a couple of years. They went with me backstage to meet Metallica and Queensryche, to Pantera and Marilyn Manson at the Button South in Miami, through countless disfunctional relationships. When I met Dave I was wearing these boots, with Daisy Duke shorts! After a couple of years I stopped wearing them. They sat in my closet for over 15 years, but I could not part with them. I started wearing them again a few months ago. I am so glad that God does not forget about us, wonder where we have been, look back on our past, or remember the wrong places where our feet may have taken us. Now I wear these boots to church to worship an amazing God! My daughter Alexa wears these boots when she spreads God's love through her music.
Sometimes we can't seem to part with God like I was not able to part with my old boots, but do we really want to wear him?