Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rosemary Shortbread

I got to stay home yesterday and clean the house while Dave went to the candle studio! I really don't like to clean, so in order to do so I have to motivate myself. I went and bought my favorite Meyers lavender all purpose soap, rearranged my living room, and made these cookies so my house would smell good. I had an over abundance of Rosemary as you can see in the picture below. The recipe said it would make 5 dozen cookies. I must have done something wrong, I ended up with crumbly dough that wouldn't roll out right, maybe too much flour? After all of my efforts were exhausted, the dough ended up getting squished in my hands and pounded onto the baking sheet! The result was around 1 dozen cookies....They ended up looking a little rustic, but they were yummy!!! Here's the recipe if you want to try it, just go easy on the flour............... Rosemary Shortbread
2 sticks of butter softened
2/3 cup confectioners sugar sifted
3 cups all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 325. Beat the butter in a mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating constantly until blended. Beat in the flour until smooth and stir in the rosemary. Roll the dough 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and cut into rounds using a small round cutter. ( This is where I decided to take matters in to my own hands(no pun intended), but for those of you who are less challenged in the kitchen I am posting the original instructions.
Arrange the rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until light brown around the edges. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

No comments: